The Library is a gallery in Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson where you can view various statistics and unlocked content.
This section shows various stats like your Total EXP, Enemies Defeated, Successful Missions, etc.
Pressing left or right will switch to the Times Used page and rank how many times you've used each character. Ultimate Asuka is considered a separate character from Asuka, and Crimson Homura is separate from Homura, but "Chibi" characters are considered the same as their base character.
This section includes all of the unlocked pictures that you have viewed during any mission. You must complete the mission where the picture is seen in order for it to be added.
By default there are 31 pictures to unlock, but each DLC adds a few more from their associated missions.
Unlike other games in the series, this section not only includes the anime intro and credits, but also any animated cutscene viewed during the story (such as Boss Intros or Homura attacking Dōgen at the end of Chapter 1) . You must complete the mission where the picture is seen in order for it to be added.
There are a total of 24 movies to unlock. Each DLC has some animated cutscenes of their own, but they are not added here so you'd have to replay the associated missions to see those.
Here you can listen to any of the music you have unlocked and view notes from the composer.
You must complete the mission where you first hear the music in order for it to be added.
There are a total of 61 tracks to unlock, and the DLC does not add any additional ones.
This section allows you to listen to any voice line of the selected characters.
Playable characters unlock their Voice entry the first time you complete a mission with them. Non-playable characters are unlocked as you advance through the story.
The voice list includes entries for the entire playable cast (including separate entries for Ultimate Asuka and Crimson Homura), along with entries for Dōgen, Kiriya, Naraku, and three forms of Kagura.
Novels are the scenes where text scrolls across a background image that feature in most games in the series. As you complete missions where you see these, they are added to this section for you to view at any time.
There are ten total:
- Before the Battle
- End of the Battle
- Homura's Crimson Squad
- Dōgen's Last Breath
- Orders from the Good Shinobi HQ
- Memories of Resurrection
- Kagura Is...
- Hanzō vs. Dōgen
- Naraku's Past
- For Myself
Though the DLC missions also have such novels, they are not added to this section and so you must replay the associated missions if you want to read those again.
The enemy guide allows you to see the model, biography, and stripped form of Enemies that you have defeated in the game.
For common enemies, the model is added after the first kill, the biography is added after the tenth, and the ability to view the stripped form is added after the twentieth.
For humanoid bosses, both the model and biography are added with the first kill, and the ability to view the stripped form is added with the second kill.
For giant bosses, everything is added with the first kill, though the last two have no stripped form.
To view the model in full display, press X. To view the model's stripped form or in tatters, press Y.
This section contains descriptions for a list of terms encountered during the game. Advance through the main missions to add more entries. The DLC missions do not add anything to this category.
- Hanzō National Academy: It's almost the 100th-year anniversary for this prestigious high school. But it's actually a covert shinobi academy, which trains good shinobi for the government.
- Hebijo Clandestine Girls' Academy: A training facility that goes by the philosophy that "evil accepts all." It was once a regular private school but after a certain incident, it was rebuilt into a secretive academy.
- Homura's Crimson Squad: After killing Dōgen and becoming a renegade, Homura became the leader of a group of former Hebijo Elites. Hunted by their former peers and superiors, they law low in a cave.
- Shinobi Studies: Shinobi schools built by the government teach this coursework to students who show interest and promise. Most people are unaware that this field of study exists.
- Shinobi Student: Students who are currently taking shinobi studies, whether good or evil, are officially known as shinobi students. There is no age restriction for the coursework.
- Shinobi School: In capitalist nations, shinobi hierarchies use certain schools as fronts for recruitment and training facilities in order to bolster their numbers.
- Super-Secret Ninja Art Scroll: Represents the essence of a shinobi school. Each school has only one and regards it as their treasure.
- Shinobi Barrier: A spot where the human world and the yōma world overlap. Those with the proper skill can project their thoughts into this dimension.
- Good Shinobi: Shinobi who work for the best interests of the nation. They cannot use their shinobi skills freely, but they have a strong sense of unity.
- Evil Shinobi: Shinobi hired by shady businesses, corrupt politicians, and other selfish individuals. Regardless of their clients or targets, they carry out their missions, but not at their own expense.
- Yōma: A type of parasitic demon born from bloodshed between shinobi. If the blood within a shinobi barrier flows freely enough, it can break through and emerge into the human world.
- Kiriya: A professor at Hanzō Academy. No longer a young man, he is still a highly skilled shinobi, but he has retired from active duty to teach the next shinobi generation.
- Hanzō: A good shinobi so legendary that Hanzō Academy bears his name. Even at his advanced age, his skills are every bit a match for the legend. Also, he's a pervert.
- Kagan: A distinctive flower-like mark which appears within the eye. Appears during puberty, but exclusively among certain members of Hibari's family. Those who exhibit the mark have the power to become master hypnotists.
- Frantic: To go Frantic is to absorb the spilled blood within a shinobi barrier and gain a temporary boost to speed and power. But there is a price to pay...
- Shinobi Blood Barrier: When a shinobi barrier absorbs all the blood it can, it detaches completely from the human world and swells large enough to host a giant yōma.
- Stacked Secret Ninja Art: A Secret Ninja Art that two shinobi activate in tandem. By combining their powers, two shinobi can achieve greater results than they could individually.
- Secret Fusion Ninja Art: A Secret Ninja Art that two shinobi activate in tandem. Much more powerful than the Stacked Secret Ninja Art, it can only be activated when the two shinobi are perfectly in sync.
- Red Orb: a yōma's crystallized life energy, which emerges after the yōma's destruction. The stronger the yōma was, the stronger the red orb will be.
- Goshin Clan: A clan devoted to protecting the Reincarnation Sphere. When Kagura's reincarnation draws near, they appoint a priestess to watch over her.
- Reincarnation Sphere: A precious jewel, within which Kagura hibernates. She reincarnates once every 100 years, then returns to the Sphere after smiting the yōma.
- Yōma General: One of ten special Yōma that Dōgen summoned. He gave them the blood of Asuka and her friends, and now each Yōma General has a unique trait from one of them.
- Year of Goshin: When a child from the Goshin Clan is born in this year, that child becomes a priestess, chosen to protect Kagura. The timing is such that Kagura reincarnates shortly after the priestess comes of age.
This category is added with the Hipster DLC and allows you to see the top six scores you got on each of the shoot-em-up missions, as well as which character got those scores.
This option allows you to view character progress, and is the same as what can be accessed by pressing X on character select.
You can view a character's Progress, Tech List, Character Profile, and Affection Rate. You can also use the L and R triggers to cycle between characters.