Naraku (奈楽) is a character from the Senran Kagura videogame series. She makes her debut in Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson.
Naraku is a member of the Goshin Clan and was appointed priestess and guardian of the Reincarnation Sphere, as well as given the responsibility of helping fully reawakened Kagura. Naraku is not her real name, but merely the title given to the Guardian of the Reincarnation Sphere.
Ever since she was a child, she had to spend all her days overseeing Kagura while she remained in the Reincarnation Sphere, awaiting her rebirth. Naraku had no childhood, and could never even leave the village as her duty was to remain seated watching over the sphere at all times.
However, Naraku did not mind this, and enjoyed peering at the shiny sphere, imagining what Kagura might be like once she emerged from it. She secretly hoped that Kagura might be her first friend, and often smiled at the sphere. This smile reached Kagura, even in her unborn state.
- Naraku's name has no real translation, but is very close to the Japanese for "Naraka (奈落), while replacing the second character with "comfort, music" (楽).
- Matching her name, all of Naraku's Ninja Arts share symbolism to the underworld or the afterlife.
- According to her bio in Estival Versus, she's from the same village as the Mikagura Sisters.
- It can be assumed that Naraku may have issues or glaucoma with her left eye due to her dressing room voiceline in Peach Beach Splash. However, it may be a reference to how she got slightly injured in Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
- After beating Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson, Naraku is added to the Dressing Room even though she is not playable. You cannot change her outfit or accessories, but you can pose her and change her expression.