IF (アイエフ, Aiefu) is a human character who is known for being a member of The Guild in Planeptune. Her name refers to the company Idea Factory, publisher of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games.
Due to the Neptunia series being a game that revolves around different universes and dimensions, there are multiple IFs throughout the series, some of them with varying personalities. She is friends with Compa, Neptune, and Nepgear.
IF's name comes from the official acronym used for Idea Factory. Much like Compa, she does not have a name that is the same exact name as the company she represents.
- IF is the first protagonist in a Neptunia game who is not a goddess.
- In the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 popularity poll, IF came in 6th place.
- In the 2014 poll, she came in 2nd place, behind Blanc.
- IF references Lucky Charms by saying, "It does sound magically delicious." in a cutscene where she considers trying crepes from Lowee.
- The Ultra Dimension IF suffered from Middle School 2nd Year Syndrome when she was young. As a matter of fact, she and Peashy made their own fantasy "setting" and wrote it in a book that was used later on to bring back Peashy's memory.
- IF has a total of nine cellphones. She has only been seen using the pink one.
- IF's nine cellphones are titled: Otomate Forte Blue-Green, B Make Sky Blue, IF Neverland Navy, Gene Project Black, IF Mate Rose Pink, Type Zero White, Happy Seed Yellow-Green, Otomate Orange-Pink, and Lupinus Sugar Pink. The one she uses the most is IF Mate Rose Pink.
- In the Character Info section of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, it is revealed that IF and Compa are childhood friends.
- However, this is not the case for their Super Dimension versions.
- IF references Mario from the Super Mario bros series when she tells Neptune, "Why not slap on some overalls and a red hat while you're at it?"
- In the first Hyperdimension Neptunia, when IF sometimes opens a treasure chest, she will reference the mimic from the Dragon Quest series when she says. "It's a mimic?! Sike!"
- IF was shown doing magic in the anime.
- IF and 5pb. are the only two characters that had different English voice actress for games and anime series.
- Both her Japanese and English voice actors portrayed a character in Fate/Stay Night. However, they voiced different characters.
- In early art and pictures of the first game, IF's hair would sometimes appear red.
- IF and Compa are the only two humanoid characters in Megadimension Neptunia VII not to have an Image Scroll Mode available under Character Info.
- In Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls, it is revealed that IF only drinks Rose Park Coffee when Neptune asked her whether or not she liked jasmine tea, after the credits for the Normal Ending.
- IF is the first and only character in the series to ever get censored while cursing, in Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls, when Histoire told her that she modified her bike without her permission. This is pretty ironic since she is one of the most mature characters in the series and rarely curses.
- In the Paper Dimension 4-Panel, it is shown that IF can easily lift Segami's hammer, which weighs 16 tons, with one hand. Neptune also tries to lift the hammer, only to have a hard time lifting it due to its heaviness. This could possibly mean that IF is capable of lifting heavy weights. Although, it could possibly be just for comedic purposes due to the comic's often comedic tone.
- In the omake for the anime's manga, it is revealed that her anime incarnation actually loves Compa in a romantic sense. She also stated that her prefered ending would be her marrying Compa.
- She is actually open about her feelings to Compa in the manga, which is ironic since in one of the anime's bloopers, she quickly hides her picture of Compa in embarassment.