Homura is a playable character from the Senran Kagura videogame series. She makes her debut in Senran Kagura: Portrait of Girls.
Homura is a young woman with tanned skin, long black hair that is kept tied by a white ribbon and goes past her thighs. She has dark green eyes, dons six sword sashes to hold her katanas. Similar to many of the females in the Senran Kagura series, Homura has a short, voluptuous body with fat, jiggly breasts, large juicy thighs, along with substantial, luscious buttocks. Homura wears a black and red school uniform with a shirt that exposes a sizeable amount of her midriff, a very short miniskirt that doesn't do much to cover her buttocks, revealing a plentiful portion of her buttcheeks, especially with a gust of wind or the slightest forward movement. She also wears thick knee high school girl socks.
While wearing a bikini it is revealed that a a large area of her breasts are pale, meaning that Homura is truly tanned.
Homura was originally a good shinobi. She hailed from a prestigious shinobi clan and so the life of a shinobi would quickly ensue. Ever since her first year of Elementary school she had been training to become a powerful shinobi and wanted to be the best there was. Every day she had been training and under a lot of pressure from her parents. Eventually, the stress had built up. Her teacher in Middle School was a kind male University graduate. Her teacher was a sort of 'oasis' for her. He would listen to her talk about pointless things, etc. He was a 'special existence' to Homura.
During her second year, she talked to the teacher about her plans after Middle School. She revealed herself being from a shinobi clan to him, seeing as how she thought he was the only one she could trust with this knowledge to keep secret. Upon receiving this information her teacher then attacked her, revealing to be an evil shinobi tasked with finding out her clan's secret.
Homura was quite shocked from this, but refused to believe the man she trusted to be so cruel. He'd further tell her he never cared to hear about her pointless talks and was only using her naivety to get close to her. Due to the shock of learning this, Homura snapped. She remembers nothing that happened after that other than a blood stained teacher's face. She says if she hadn't met that evil shinobi she might have been able to become a normal good shinobi student. She was disowned by her parents and forced to leave her home because of this act. All she had was the sword said to be her family's heirloom to take with her and a broken heart.
Betrayed by the person she trusted and disowned by her parents, she wandered the streets; later confronted by a woman whom offered her the option to join Hebijo, stating that "The past doesn't matter, Hebijo welcomes anyone. Evil shinobi are more tolerant than good ninja." And thus she became the second year Hebijo elite, Homura.
- Senran Kagura: New Wave and Senran Kagura: New Wave G Burst as a playable character.
- Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit as a playable character.
- Shinobi Master Senran Kagura: New Link as a playable character.
- Senran Kagura: After School (Anthology Comic)
- Senran Kagura:Guren no Uroboros
- Senran Kagura:Senshi Bankō no Haruka
- Senran Enji Kyonyū-gumi
- Alert by Voice! Kagura Alarm: Homura ver.
Non-Senran Kagura Appearances
- Highschool DxD: New Fight: As part of a collaboration gacha.
- Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel: As a playable character.
- Kairisei Million Arthur: As part of a collaboration gacha.
- Venus Eleven: As a playable character in a collaboration gacha.
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round: Her kimono is a costume for the character Kokoro.
- Homura wields her katana in a similar fashion such as the iconic character Date Masamune from the Sengoku Basara series.
- Homura's demeanor and manner of fighting also draw parallels to Marvel character Wolverine form the X-MEN series.
- Her aggressive and unforgiving nature, as well as manner of speech is very similar to Wolverine's personality. (However Homura identifies herself as an Evil Shinobi being the protagonist's main rival, while Wolverine is identified as a hero.)
- Homura also displays headstrong qualities when faced with demanding situations and tends to act on impulse, rather than guidance (Very true on Wolverine's part; presenting matters of him experiencing memory loss or when pushed into a corner)
- Her six swords, which are often referred to as "claws" can also draw allusions to Wolverine's claws; Homura griping the sword handles between her fingers, while Wolverine has three blades stick out on each hand.
- Her Crimson mode strongly resembles Shana from the Manga and Anime Shakugan no Shana. The two have long, red hair and gain the ability to use fire techniques.
- The difference between the two is that Shana uses one sword and needs this form in order to fight; while Homura takes hold of her nodachi, Engetsuka, which allows her to use all seven swords (including the nodachi) at will.
- Her nodachi Engetsuga, is very similar to that of the Zanpakuto, Engetsu in the possession of BLEACH character Isshin Kurosaki.
- Both share the first part of the same name 'Engetsu' (剡月), which means Scathing Moon.
- Engetsu's Shikai command is known as Burn, which draws close parallel to Homura's nodachi having a flame affinity.